Before only Windows system are affected with viruses and other threats that could affect the performance of the whole system, but this problem is already applicable with Mac system lately. That is why Mac users are finding ways for their Mac cleanup in order to improve the slow Mac performance. But before you do, just make sure to backup all applications and important files in safer and external drives.
Mac Cleanup Tips, 6 Easy Ways
For Mac cleanup here are effective tips that you can do to clean up the whole system.
- 1. Identify what is hogging both your CPU and Mac memory. If you already observe that the system is running slow, applications load longer and refuse to do work its work then it’s about time to fire up the Activity Monitor under the Application then select Utilities. It will give you a list of applications that are consuming most of the CPU time. If you think that some of them are really unnecessary then quit and remove them to make your Mac system run a little bit faster.
- 2. Uninstall unwanted applications and all its associated files. Just like clearing out the startup menu, it is also important to clear out applications in the system if they are really unnecessary. This might not speed up your Mac but eventually clean the system for other space of important files. You can also use other third party applications that can help you clear out these items and application clearly out in the Mac system.
- 3. Perform some maintenance in Mac system. By running the Disk Utility found under the Applications you can already command it to repair hard disk permissions. This can take some time so make sure no other applications are running. You can try other software tools to do this and have it scheduled daily, weekly or monthly. To help you clear out logs, system caches, etc.
- 4. Recover some extra hard drive space. Determine what keeping most of your Mac space. Locate for redundant and other unnecessary files and remove them. Remove also Dashboard widgets that you don’t need as well as language files, temporary files, etc.
- 5. Handle carefully the Mac batter y and its memory. If you got some issues with your MacBook battery then performs some troubleshooting to clear out this problem.
- 6. Get the latest system and software update. These are available for you and can be easily installed in the Mac. It will clear out some software issues and even repair some problems if they are updated more often.
If you feel that your Mac system is really running slow then better perform Mac cleanup steps to prevent bigger problems in the future. This will save you extra expenses in the long run and can be an effective tool to improve the life span of your Mac system. These simple tips are quite easy to do and you don’t need to be a tech savvy to keep your Mac system running in good shape.