Want to know how to squeeze your Mac maximum performance to perform on its top shape like the first time you bought it? Well you can do so without the need to spend some extra cash. These simple steps will guide you how to do it.
Mac Maximum Performance, Squeezing it with These Simple Ways
- 1. Determine what you are installing: Installing a lot of programs and forgetting about them later on will only lead to clutter and wasted disk space. And worst it can slow down your Mac. There are programs that are place into the startup items that need to be loaded every time you start the system whether you use it or not. You can try using uninstaller applications such as AppZapper to completely remove all these unwanted apps. Over time backing up the applications and reinstalling the OS can somehow clean the whole system.
- 2. Stay up to date with your Mac OS: Every new version of Mac OS is faster than the older one so make it a point to update from any latest version of Mac to improve the speed and stability of your Mac. This is applicable too for all software and drivers; this can be updated using the Software Update.
- 3. Adding more RAM: Just make sure that before you bought a new RAM for your Mac you check for the correct type and model that is compatible with the system. Once you installed the new RAM, check the System Profiler to see if the new RAM is working or not.
- 4. Know your Mac limits: System requirements can advance quickly the same is true for computer technology. But for your older Mac, they are not useless because they can be used as servers and email machines. You can either choose a cheap and old Mac or fill it with RAM.
- 5. Adjust the processor performance: You can set the processor performance of old Mac and adjust it to the highest in the System Preferences then select Energy Saver. You can also reduce the settings to optimize energy use.
- 6. Stripped down your Mac: Your Mac can be quicker if there are no peripherals or only few are connected to it.
- 7. Schedule backup: Schedule a backup so that it won’t disturb your Mac processes and other operation that you have. Mac is quite stable and it can stay up all night long so better perform the backup at night when the system is idle.
- 8. Perform disk repair: You can use third party apps such as Onyx and MacKeeper to help you regularly clear out cache files, log files and even temporary files and keep your Mac system clean and lean.
- 9. Avoid using animated wallpaper: Having animated backgrounds can be cool in the eyes but this can consume system resources. Avoid it as much as possible and use only simple and static photo as your wallpaper.
If you want to get the best of your Mac maximum performance, then perform these simple tasks above and you can be sure that your Mac’s performance is always on top shape. You can do this without the need to spend a lot of money.