Mac system might now have a lot of problems when it comes to computer slowdown the same degree as Windows system. However over time this Mac OS performance will decline remarkably when just taken for granted. It is important to do some maintenance and perform some cleaning out in the system just to improve Mac OS performance. Here are 7 quick fixes for your Mac performance issues.
Improve Mac OS Performance with 7 Easy Tips
If you observed that your Mac is not running at its optimum capacity, then I suggest these seven quick fixes will improve Mac OS performance.
- 1. Remove unnecessary stuff on the desktop. This is the very simple thing that you can do if you got slow down Mac performance. Having too many desktop icons can consume the amount of memory so better file them elsewhere.
- 2. Restart the system from time to time. No matter how stable the Mac system is unlike the Windows, but reality, you cannot keep it running forever without restarting it. No matter how you might think that it is stable, it is still subjected with flaws and normally its memory can be fragmented at times. It is better to restart it as needed and more often.
- 3. Defrag Mac hard drive. By merely defragmenting your Mac hard drive, you can do a lot to improve its performance. Doing this will arrange the data on the hard drive in an efficient manner. You can use third party utility to help you do this. But before you intend in doing this, make a backup in safer location in the event of power outage, disk failure and other problems.
- 4. Free space on hard drive. This is one of the quick fixes that you can do to your Mac. If you want your Mac to have better performance them the hard drive should have an available space by as much as 20%. Start deleting with those files that are hogging the system such as applications that are really unnecessary. You can locate also for files that are not needed and delete them out in the system.
- 5. Upgrade Mac memory. Make a room for your Mac memory because it holds the most recent activity that you have with your Mac. If your memory is already preoccupied with other files, chances are the performance will really decline. It is better to maximize your Mac memory first before buying a new one.
- 6. Clean out the hard drive. Having free space for the Mac hard drive is really important. You can also use other third party applications that will do the cleaning for your Mac to remove all the unwanted files and other cluttered stuff.
- 7. If everything fails, reinstall Mac OS X. There are times that the system can be filled with corrupt files and chances are you won’t be able to run the system efficiently. So the best thing that you can do to clean up the whole system is reinstall the Mac OS. Just makes sure to back up everything.