Over time as you used your Mac, you will notice that it begun to run a little sluggish unlike before you have it. This is really an issue but with Mac system it is quite easy to increase performance of Mac OS without the need to invest on new one. Here are gathered opinions from the experts on how to improve its performance.
Increase Performance of Mac OS, Tune Up Ways on How
If you want to increase performance of Mac OS then the possible 10 steps can be your quick guide on how to do this.
1. Disable Dashboard Widgets: Widgets maybe cool in the background but this can consume both energy and memory. If you want to disable it just open the terminal.app located in Applications > Utilities > Terminal and copy this one in the terminal and choose enter and then the code defaults write com.apple.dashboard mcx-disabled -boolean YES and enter the code killall Dock.
2. Run Disk Utility to repair permissions after new software is installed: You need to do this because some apps that are installed the system can reset or alter the permissions and can affect the performance of the system later on.
3. Remove unnecessary language packs: By default the Mac system comes with language packs that are built already. You can remove the rest languages and just make sure you leave the English, Spanish, German and French. These are normally the used languages on the web. You can download third party apps such as Monolingual to do this.
4. Remove also the unnecessary PPC code from the Universal Binaries: If you want to do this just download apps such as XSlimmer to handle this one.
5. Clear out log files: Apps such as Onyx and MacKeeper can handle this well and you can run it daily, weekly or monthly to clear out all the unnecessary files.
6. Disable some items in the login items: Just navigate the option to System Preferences>Accounts>Login Items, determine the apps that you want to delete and then hit the minus button.
7. Defrag Mac hard drive: Even if Mac has journaled file system it has limited capabilities when it comes to handling fragmented files. You need to defrag your Mac more often to avoid cluttered disk. You can use apps such as iDefrag to handle this one and can even speed up the boot time of Mac.
8. Avoid too much Eye Candy: having the genie effect at the background can be cool in the eyes but this can also degrade the performance of Mac so better remove this one.
9. Ensure to have an extra space for hard disk. Mac uses space in the virtual memory and if the startup menu takes longer then it can also affect the Mac performance.
10. Remove unnecessary language packs: Mac OS by default are built with so many fonts that are really unnecessary so better remove them by choosing the Home folder options>Library>Fonts.
If you got any problem with the performance issue of your Mac, don’t fret because you can do a lot to increase performance of Mac OS. These 10 guide will help you what you can do the next time your Mac got this problem.