No matter how stable your Mac is, it also needs some thorough Mac clean up every once in a while.This is important because in the long run there will be several of unwanted files, caches, cookies, languages and applications that tend to pile up and can clog the hard disk. This will only contribute to slowing down of your Mac and if it will be taken for granted this cause system breakdown in the long run. If you don’t want this to happen then might as well take some preventive measures to ensure that everything in your Mac is running smoothly. Here are Mac clean up tips that will ensure that the Mac machine stays inpeak performance.
Mac Clean Up Steps to Ensure its Maximum Performance
If your Mac machine is a little bit sluggish then might as well take the following steps:
- 1. Disable Widgest on your Mac machine. If you think that you don’t need the Dashboard them might as well disable it. This will save you extra space, RAM usage and processor.
- 2. Run the Activity Monitor in the Apple menu to help you identify the CPU usage, RAM requirements and virtual memory usage that your system has. This will help you identify what is hogging your Mac and find a way to fix it. Activity Monitor is quite a helpful tool to help you diagnose what’s inside your system.
- 3. Run third party tools that is quite handy in repairing the hard disk. You can try tools such as Cocktail, Onyx and TinkerTool. Onyx is quite good in running maintenance and cleaning options. This will always ensure you that the hard disk stays clean at all times.
- 4. If you perform Archive and Install Mac OS previously then better delete the Previous Systems folder because it contains the Mac OS system folder. You can delete this one using the administrator account in order to authenticate the delete operation.
- 5. Removed unnecessary applications that are taking up most of your Mac space. If your Applications folder are already cluttered with applications then better uninstall them. If you want to delete completely all the associated files with your application you can use third party applications that can better do this.
- 6. Remove also the language packs that are installed with your Mac OS that you don’t need at all. Most of these language packs can consume 200MB of space that is better used by other important files. You can use Monolingual tool to help you remove all the localization languages in your Mac machine.
- 7. Upgrade your Mac applications as well as your system. This will ensure you that your Mac system is clean and free from any cluttered files. Just make sure you backup necessary files and applications to save more space on your hard drive to keep Mac performance in good shape.
If you want to perfrom some Mac clean up tips, just remember these simple steps above just to ensure that everything is running in good condition.