As you use your Mac you will feel that it runs a little bit slow. There are a lot of possible reasons why, such as running too many applications at the same time and you are running out of Mac hard disk space. But no need to worry at all because there are a number of things that you can do to encourage your Mac to speed up and return it to Mac maximum performance without spending a penny.
Mac Maximum Performance Achieving it in 8 Ways
Here are helpful tips that well get most out of your Mac maximum performance without investing any hardware upgrades.
- Clear out Startup Items: There are some applications that automatically set themselves as startup item that are opened every time Mac is restart or login. You can find out what is in your startup menu by navigating to Apple Menu>System Preferences>Accounts>Login Items. If you want to remove them just simply select any item and then hit the minus button at the bottom of the list. Just be sure that you know what your are removing.
- Turn off Universal Access, Bluetooth, Speech Recognition and Internet Sharing: If you are not using any of these one then better turn them off. This will save you enough RAM and processor resources just in case your Mac system needs any.
- Clear out other System Preferences: Take at the Other option in your System Preferences and you will see there are other items located down there. Ifyou don’t use them too disable it too under your Preference Pane.
- Clear out Unnecessary Code: Mac comes with pre-installed language packs and some of them are really unnecessary. You can use utilities such as XSlimmer and Monolingual to strip out these unnecessary code. This will not only make your Mac run faster but will also save you extra hard drive space.
- Cool off Mac machine: Your Mac will run slow if it is very hot. This will run efficiently if you have cooler processor. You can use a utility tool known as Fan Control that will control your Mac’s fan. This will help your Mac to run cooler and maximize its performance.
- Evaluate your Dashboard Widgets: There are many useful widgets available on your Mac. But most of them are not really necessary and can also take up RAM space and processor when they are running. Evaluate each item that you only need and disable the ones that are really unnecessary.
- Keep an Eye on Activity Monitor: There are many other things that can hog your processors so better to know with the use of Activity Monitor. You will know what applications are taking most of your CPU usage and help you decide to disable them when not really needed.
- Clean Mac Hard Drive: No matter hoe large your hard drive is, chances are they will begin to fill up with files and applications. Store the other items on another storage location and delete them in your Mac hard drive to have an extra space for other important files.
If you truly want to achieve your Mac maximum performance. then might as well consider doing these eight helpful tips and you can revive your sluggish Mac without costing you a penny in the process. another alternative could be using a mac cleaner software that will do it for you