Mac system will feel a little bit sluggish over time as you use it. This is true when you are using or storing too many files and applications in your Mac. Most Mac users often think that they already got a stable system but in reality Mac performance slow over time. However there are practical seven tips that you can perform in order to bring your Mac performance like ever before.
Mac Performance Slow, How to Speed it Up
If you ever experience Mac performance slow down, then here are 7 fixing tips that you can do to boost the Mac system.
- Shut Down or Restart the System: There are times that applications have leaking memory issues and it can cause a slow Mac system. Running your Mac in the long run can really affect its performance so better turn it off once in a while or restart it. By doing so you can clear out memory leaks that your applications have.
- Clear out the startup items: When applications are installed in the system, they are also included in the startup menu. If you notice that your Mac takes longer to boot then do something to clear out some items in the startup menu. Just open the System Preferences> Accounts>select your accounts>Login Items. The list will show all the applications in the startup menu. Determine the ones that are less important and remove them in the startup menu.
- Clear the System Preferences: Just don’t close the System Preference menu yet, there are some items that you might no longer need so better remove them because it will only clutter the hard drive. Look over the Library options then Preference Pane and choose among the available options.
- Remove some Dashboard Widgets: Widgets are useful in your Mac but in reality this can also consume your Mac memory. Disable some of them to reclaim extra space for other important files in your Mac.
- Run Time Machine Backup: Keeping a backup copy of all your important files are important so it would be wiser if you run the Time Machine if you are not using your Mac machine. You can create a backup copy of all your important files and store it other location. Then delete some of the items in your hard drive to give an extra space for your hard drive.
- Clean the Hard Drive: If you got cluttered hard drive then chances are your Mac performance will surely degrade. To avoid this one then delete some unnecessary files to give an extra space for your other files and applications.
- Use Mac Utility Tools: It comes in many kinds so choose among the available programs that can do wonders in cleaning your Mac and optimizing the performance of the system. You can select from AppZapper, Hazel, CleanMyMac and a lot more.
If Mac performance slow over time then do these seven fixing tips above and you can already boost the performance of your Mac system in a matter of minutes without the need to spend too much.