Ever wonder how you can achieve the maximum Mac performance on its top shop and perform faster like the first time you bought it? This is no sweat really, with these simple tips that I would share with you, your Mac can perform faster without the need to spend too much money for it.
Maximum Mac Performance with 8 Ways to Achieve It
Here are the simple things that you can do to get the maximum Mac performance that you want your system can do.
- 1. Removed unwanted apps: Determine first what kind of applications you are installing. Most Mac users would just install applications without identifying its worth and most of the time they are left stored in the disk. This is the common cause of cluttered disk and worst can really degrade the performance of your system. Most of the time applications that are installed are placed into the start-up items and are loaded when the system is turned on. You can get rid of these unwanted apps by simply uninstalling it or use applications such as AppZapper that will completely uninstall the apps and all other files associated with it. This will clean the whole system as well.
- 2. Update your Mac OS: Getting a new version of Mac OS will make it faster than the old one. So make it a point to update your Mac to its latest version to improve the speed and make it stable. The same is true with your drivers and software. You can use the Software Update utility to do this.
- 3. Add more RAM: Before you buy a new RAM for your Mac check first the model, type and size. This is to determine if the new RAM is compatible with your system. You can check your new RAM if it is compatible with your Mac using the System Profiler utility.
- 4. Change your Mac processor’s performance: Set the processor’s Mac performance and make it to the highest option found under the System Preferences and choose Energy Saver.
- 5. Remove unwanted peripherals in your Mac: Peripherals that are attached in your Mac can also consume system resources so better remove them if you don’t want to use them.
- 6. Backup your Mac system: Routine backup for your Mac is really important but just make sure to do this when the system is idle.
- 7. Perform and schedule disk repair: Doing this will correct any discrepancy in your disk. You can select utilities such as MacKeeper and Onyx to do the dirty work for you. By doing this, cache files and log files are clear out in the disk and will eventually clean the system.
- 8. Don’t use animated wallpapers: Animated backgrounds can be cool in the eyes but most of the time; this can only consume your system resources. So better use only static photos at the background as your wallpaper.