There are a lot of reasons why Mac will run slower over time of used and some apps may take longer to run. This can crash down the Mac itself if just taken for granted. If you don’t want this to happen try doing these simple ways to optimize Mac OS.
7 Ways to Optimize Mac OS X
There are so many ways that you can do to optimize Mac OS without the need to spend a lot of penny. Try doing these simple suggestions:
1. Clean Startup Menu Items: There are items that are already in your start up menu item and this is default for some Mac OS. Having too many of them in your start up menu can really make your Mac to run slower and even take longer to open. You can see what applications are located in your start up list by simply navigating to Apple Menu> System Preferences>Accounts and then Login Items. Determine the items that are not important to you and remove some of them by clicking the minus button. Just make sure you know what you are removing before you do it.
2. Turn off Universal Access, Speech Recognition and Internet Sharing: If you use them occasionally might as well turn this off. Try to turn off some of these features under the System Preferences options. Doing this will free up some valuable space for your RAM.
3. Know what build your Mac software: Some Mac are running under Intel or Rosetta. There are some features that are not compatible with one another so make sure which is the ones that are needed for your applications.
4. Remove unnecessary code: Whether your Mac is running under Intel or Power PC, there are certain codes that are not needed anymore. Using third party applications such as XSlimmer and Monolingual will strip out the code easily out in your Mac. This will help your apps to run faster this time and you can even save an extra space for your Mac hard drive.
5. Remove languages and translations pack: There is much language localization that are built in your Mac but most of them are really unnecessary. So for more efficiency in your Mac system, try removing them with software utility like Monolingual.
6. Cool down your Mac: Having cooler processor will add efficiency to your Mac performance. Utility such as Fan Control will help you to maximize your Mac performance.
7. Determine your Widgets to be used: There are hundreds of Widgets that are available in Mac and these are commonly located in the Dashboard. Evaluate some of your Widgets and try removing them. Because widgets can really take up some of your RAM resources.
Here are simple ways that you can really perform on your own if you want to optimize Mac OS. Doing these will prevent you from spending money and even bring back Mac to efficiency and better speed. You can have an optimize Mac performance without the need to spend a lot really. Just make sure you know what to do with your apps and the right utility tool.