Mac system can slow down over time and this is something that can be avoided if you learn simple ways how to optimize Mac speed. These recommended tips below will help your Mac get back on its optimum speed and do better the first you bought it. You can do these without even spending a penny on your budget.
Optimize Mac Speed in 12 Steps
To make sure that your Mac is performing at its best, just follow these tips on how you can optimize Mac speed:
- Close Unnecessary Applications: If you are running too many applications on your Mac then some resources are also used. Better quit programs that you really don’t need at all so you can have an extra space for your other applications.
- Use faster hard drive. Having faster hard drive that spins faster also means, it can retrieve files the better. It is recommended that you use a hard drive that is faster on your Mac.
- Use Processor with better performance. On older Mac OS System, you can set the processor performance to the highest option by simply navigating to System Preferences>Energy Saver. Do this if you want to optimize the energy use in your Mac.
- Stripped Down Mac. Having a fewer peripherals connected to your USB or Fire Wire will make your Mac run quicker unlike having loads with devices on it because they will only consume Mac space.
- Switch Off unnecessary features. If you are using the Laptop then better turn off its battery. It can do so if you switch off AirPort and Bluetooth to save the power in your Machine.
- Use multiple accounts. If you have games and internet usage then use only one user account for it and other accounts for heavier applications.
- Remove unused language packs. If you want to speed up some things then run a utility known as Monoligual and it can stripped down unused language packs in your Mac.
- Use graphic cards. Another way to speed some your Mac applications is to install and add a new and faster graphic cards in the PCI slot.
- Clear out Desktop icons. These icons are often treated as open window and this also consume Mac space. Organize them and place it in one place to make the Desktop less cluttered.
- Run some disk utilities. You can run Onyx to help you clear out caches, log files and other temporary files to ensure that Mac system is clean and lean.
- Use static wallpaper. Having animated backgrounds can be great but this only consumes system resources so avoid it as much as possible. Instead use simple and static wallpaper in the Desktop background.
- Keep everything organized. Practice good file management in your Mac and it can do a lot to work everything faster in your Mac.
If you want to optimize Mac speed, then these simple tips above is good enough to make sure that your Mac performs on its optimum speed without for you to spend a lot of money.