Got slow Mac performance? It is quite different from the first time you bought it. You notice that it become a little sluggish and unresponsive. For some, they rather junk their old Mac and buy a new machine. But then getting a new machine is not a typical solution because whatever problems that a Mac computer has, the problem could really be fixed. Here’s a simple guide for you to fix your slow Mac performance and improve it in the long run.
Slow Mac Performance, Fix It
If you got a problem with your slow Mac performance then remember these simple steps that you can do to resolve it:
- Restart your Mac: Sometimes the cause of a sluggish Mac is the application that has leak memory. Restarting the computer is one of the recommended solutions. Although you can turn on you Mac for weeks but then it is needed that you restart it every now and then to bring it back to its normal performance.
- Check the Startup Items: There are applications that are added in the startup items and this can delay the launching of the programs every log in because it can take up some memory and CPU usage. You can remove the applications by clicking the Apple Menu>System Preference>Accounts>Login Items. Then select the applications that you want to remove just make sure you know what you are deleting in the list.
- Clean the System Preferences: There are other options that are stored in System Preferences that you no longer need. These are usually some apps that are left after uninstalling it. Better clean them out by removing it under the Library>Preference Panes options.
- Clean up the Dashboard: You might be attracted with too many widgets in your desktop but keep in mind that it can consume some valuable disk space resources. Delete the unnecessary widgets to give extra system resources for your other important files.
- Schedule a Time Machine backup: This is really a good backup solution for your Mac. Time Machine options can do the backup process if your computer is idle.
- Clean Mac hard drive: It is quite simple that you delete some unnecessary files that you have in your hard disk to free some space and improve your Mac performance.
- Download Mac cleaning utility tool: There are a lot of cleaning utility tool for Mac and some of it are free. It can perform cache cleaning and repair system permissions that somehow improve your Mac.
- Keep your Mac updated: Install software updates for your apps because this can improve their performance too. Check also for available downloads for updates that can be done by third party applications this can help in improving your Mac.
Conclusion on Improving your Slow Mac Performance
Slow Mac performance? Hope this guide will get your Mac better in shape and performance. You really don’t need to opt for a new machine if a remedy can still be made. A simple restart, backup solutions and deleting of unnecessary items in your Mac system can really help a lot to resolve some performance issues. Remember this guide and you will have your Mac running on its best performance in no time.
Got slow Mac performance? It is quite different from the first time you bought it. You notice that it become a little sluggish and unresponsive. For some, they rather junk their old Mac and buy a new machine. But then getting a new machine is not a typical solution because whatever problems that a Mac computer has, the problem could really be fixed. Here’s a simple guide for you to fix your slow Mac