No need to worry how you can bring back your Mac to its old self because there are simple tips on speeding up Mac that will somehow resolve the performance problem of your Mac. The next time you got slow Mac problem, these quick and easy tips will do the tasks in revitalizing your whole Mac.
Speeding Up Mac with These Handy Tips
Moreover it has been proven that memory and hard drive space is the main culprit for Mac system bug down and somehow these simple tips can be handy in speeding up Mac easily.
- 1. More hard drive space: Having cluttered hard drives is one of the reasons for Mac slow down. Once the hard drive is already full it prevents the Mac OS from swapping information quickly from the memory to the drive when needed as much as possible. To determine the hard drive capacity of your Mac and the space used just simply open the Finder then choose the hard drive and then click File from the menu bar and then click the Get Info options. This will give you the information regarding the capacity of the drive and the space being used by the system. Better place your files that you no longer need to other drive will somehow get back your Mac to its normal speed.
- 2. Upgrade Mac memory: Your Mac at least need two gigabytes of memory to keep it working normally. However if you got so many files and other process on your Mac then might as well consider to upgrade the memory. If you add more memory then less likely that you will experience some performance issues.
- 3. Remove unnecessary files: Sometimes the main culprit for slow performance of your Mac is the troublesome files that are scattered in your Mac system. There are some simple ways to clear them away and one way to do it is reset the PRAM. Doing this will clear out the caches on the logic board that can be responsible for sluggish Mac system. If you want to reset the PRAM all you need to do is reboot the system and then hold down the following keyboard options, press Option + Command + P + R altogether during the booting process. Wait for a few seconds and wait for your Mac to reboot again. This is the quickest way to reset your PRAM.
- 4. Perform Safe Boot: Starting your Mac in a safe boot manner is one way to clear out the cache that is stored in the hard drive. This can take longer compared to resetting the PRAM but doing this is one way to purge files to other location that can cause some performance issues in your Mac. To perform safe boot just simply reboot the computer, then hold down the Shift key during the booting process until you reach the login screen. Then you will see the Safe boot options and the login to complete the process.
- 5. Perform archive and install too. Doing this can also remove unwanted files in your Mac. Just be sure that you learn to backup all your important files.
- 6. Reinstall Mac OS: This is one of the quickest ways in speeding up Mac but this can be risky too. Before you reinstall the whole Mac OS just make sure that you backup all your important files and applications to other storage location.
These simple tasks are the things that you can do in speeding up Mac without the need to spend a lot of money. Once you got a slow Mac, these tips above is one of the best possible solutions that you can do to your Mac system.