If you want to make your Mac run fast there are several ways to tidy up Mac. Having a clean Mac also means a faster and better performance. Here are several ways to keep your Mac running as good as new.
Tidy Up Mac, Ways to Improve its Performance
1. Delete unnecessary parts of binary application. Mac applications consist of two parts, the old one and the new one. Normally you only need one part and the other one is already unnecessary. If you want to tidy up Mac then it would be very wiser if you remove the useless part. There are also a lot of freeware tools available for Mac that can strip all these binary parts on your Mac applications. You can also use them if you want to remove all these binary clutter out in your Mac system.
2. Clear out the cache files. Cache files are useful for your Mac machine to easily load data of applications that you often use. But in the long run they can make the hard drive cluttered so it is better that you remove any types of cache files out in your Mac system. You can either do this in two ways, for user caches just go to User menu>Library>Caches, while for system caches go to Library>Caches in your Mac menu. Select all cache files and then drag them to the Trash.
3. Remove file copies. There are times that we create file copies and we often forget to delete them. This can only consume most of your disk space that is really a waste of memory space. There are utilities for your Mac such as AppDelete, MacKeeper, etc that can help you locate for these duplicate files and delete them completely out in your Mac system to make it run faster.
4. Get rid of unwanted interface language packs. Mac comes with built-in interface languages and this can consume most of your hard drive space. If you want to delete them just go to Languages list under the More Info menu in your applications. You can also use utilities such as Monolingual that can help you delete a gigabyte of unwanted interface language out in your Mac system.
5. Identify files that you haven’t use for a long time. This is quite hard to locate manually because you have already forgotten some of these files. But with the help of special utilities it would be easier for you to locate for these old files and delete them easily out in your Mac system.
Normally a clean Mac also means a fast performance of your Mac machine. If you want your Mac machine to experience this one, then it’s about time to tidy up Mac. These simple five tips will help you how to keep your system lean and clean. You can use other third party applications that can help you achieve a clean Mac system and most of them are freeware. You can make your system in good condition without the need to spend some money, just remember to follow these simple tips above.