Having clean Mac means fast and lean Mac machine. There are times that Mac slows down because of cluttered files and applications but there are several ways to tidy up Mac to make it faster and improve its performance better. To make your Mac running as good as new, remember these following tips.
Tidy Up Mac, Simple Ways to Do It
- Get rid of unnecessary parts of binary application. Mac applications got two parts, the old and new one. Mac machine will only need the new part so better delete the old one because it is really unnecessary. If you want to have clean Mac then better removed the useless part. Using third party tools can strip all these unnecessary binary parts on your Mac programs and clean them too.
- Clean cache files. Cache files are useful especially if you need to use data more often. However they can get piled up and will only fill up your Mac hard drive making it slow over time. Better remove these cache files on Mac system. You can do this by navigating to User menu>Library>Caches. Then select the cache files and delete them by dragging to the Trash.
- Remove duplicate file copies. Most of the time we create files and we often forgot about them. They can get piled up too and consume most of the disk space resulting to memory space wasted. You can use utilities such as MacKeeper, Onyx or AppDelete that will help you locate for all the duplicate files and delete them in your Mac machine.
- Remove unwanted interface language packs. Mac already comes with built-in interface languages. Although they are useful, they can consume gigabyte of your hard drive space. Better delete them by opening the Languages list and select the More Info options. Using Monolingual tool is quite useful too. It will strip all those unnecessary language pack that you really don’t need at all.
- Remove unused files. There are times that older files is hard to locate in your Mac system because you already forgotten about them. But using special utilities such as MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, etc. it would be easier for you to locate these old files and delete them completely out in your Mac system. This will not only speed up Mac but will also keep it clean and lean.
Having a clean Mac is quite good because applications will load faster, you can locate files easily, have an extra hard drive memory space, startup boots up faster and your Mac processes will finish earlier. If you want your Mac to perform like this then better tidy up Mac now. Having too may files and applications that are really unnecessary are not helpful because this will only clutter your Mac hard drive. For your cleaning tips here are simple tips above that you can do with your Mac machine if it is already running slow. You don’t need to spend some cash in order to make your Mac as good as brand new and perform faster and better.