Over time your Mac system can really slow down. But here’s helpful tips that will surely upgrade Mac speed when everything seems slowing down. Consider them if you don’t want to spend on your budget just to add hardware or upgrade your software. You will notice that your Mac will perform faster unlike before after doing these steps.
Upgrade Mac Speed in Easy Way
1. Repair Disk Permission. Just go to Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility. Then choose your Mac HD and select the Verify Disk Permissions. If you need to repair them just choose the Repair Disk Permissions.
2. Clear out login items. It is helpful if you check any unwanted programs in your login menu. You can do this by going to System Preferences>Accounts and select Login Items. Remove the rest that are not important to you.
3. Clear out unwanted apps in your Mac. Just go through to Applications folder and determine what you can do to save your disk space. Remove the applications that you no longer need at all.
4. Clear out unwanted System Preferences. Check your System Preferences and if there are unwanted preferences that you really don’t need then better removed them. You can disable them by going to Library>Preference Panes.Then reboot or force them to empty trash.
5. Clean Desktop. It is effective that having clear and clean desktop can upgrade Mac speed. Then put all these junk in one folder or better yet delete them.
6. Empty Trash. It is wiser that you empty your Trash too because it can consume your Mac space. Doing this will give some space on your Mac.
7. Turn Off Universal Access. You can do this by navigating to System Preferences>Universal Access and then turn it off from the options.
8. Turn off Bluetooth. If you are not using them then disable them in your System Preferences option.
9. Turn off other preferences. There are other options under your System Preferences such as Speech Recognition and Internet Sharing. They are not that important so better turn them off if you are not using them.
10. Check your disk space. Your Mac needs to use hard drive space as virtual memory if there is not enough memory space available. It will helpful that you always keep your Mac 10% free from space if you want to speed up your Mac performance.
11. Get rid of unwanted Language Pack. Your Mac OS X got a hundreds of languages that you won’t need at all. Using Monolingual which is a free program can remove these languages that are not that important to you so you can save your Mac disk space.
12. Check your Dock for any unwanted apps. Your Dock should only contain the most used applications and if there is anything that are not necessary to you then remove them or uninstall them.
Here are your simple tips that will help you upgrade Mac speed when everything seems running so slow. They will improve how your Mac runs without the need for you to spend on your budget.