Reality the rapid increase of using Mac system in everyday aspect of Mac users has become an important part in their daily operation from work, school and even personal use. However there are times that Mac slows down due to various reasons and it is necessary that you perform speed up tips as part of your responsibility with your Mac machine. Having fast system will be very important to accomplish important tasks daily.
Mac Slows Down, Why it Can Happen
Before knowing some speed up tips for your Mac. It will be helpful if you know a number of reasons why Mac slows down. With the latest technology developed these days, Mac users also demand to use every memory on their Mac system. Most of the time people have become dependent with their Mac machine that they need to use it everyday to accomplish certain tasks that they need to do. Most of the time your Mac machine will also demand for an upgrade in memory and if you can’t provide this one it can really slows down your Mac machine. Mac applications uses also most disk space with its latest version thus your Mac will also demand for an extra space both for your files and applications.
Thus, when Mac operating system already responds slowly, it’s about time to look for some solutions to speed up Mac that run slow. Here are tips that you should need to do.
1. Clean the hard drive in order to remove excess and unnecessary files on the hard disk.
2. Check for some applications that you no longer need and delete them completely out in your Mac system.
3. If you notice that the Mac system boots slowly, click on the System Preferences>Accounts>select account name>Login Items and then hit the minus button to remove applications on the startup menu. This will increase the speed every time your Mac boots and even reclaim some space on your Mac hard disk.
4. Minimize the use of Dashboard widgets. Widgets are useful in your Mac but it can also occupy most of the CPU and memory space. As much as possible minimize the use of dashboard widgets and use only the most important one.
5. Run disk utility. Using them once in a while can repair some disk errors, clean out cache files and remove unnecessary items on your Mac.
6. Close unnecessary process on your Mac. Running applications at the same time can consume your RAM so better close programs that you don’t intend to use all the time.
7. Remove some unwanted interface languages. Mac comes with built-in language packs and some of them are really unnecessary. You can use Monolingual utility that can strip of gigabyte of language packs on your Mac that you find useless to you.
Knowing what possible causes your Mac slows down is necessary so you will know how to resolve this one and perform some cleaning tips to speed up Mac performance. These simple tips above is quite effective in achieving the optimum performance that you want in order to complete all the necessary tasks that you need to accomplish everyday.