If you just want to right size your applications without sacrificing its functionality, you can do it in your Mac with the handy job from XSlimmer. What’s with this app anyway? Here’s a quick product review that will tell you that your Mac might just need it at all.
XSlimmer: What App is This?
XSlimmer is simply an app that is capable of removing unnecessary code from fat binaries. It will determine what your machine will only need and remove the rest. It normally performs removing the code inside the Universal Binaries that does not fit in your Mac’s architecture and only a waste in your Mac disk.
Aside from this, the app can strip out the unneeded languages. Safari alone comes with a dozen of languages. Well, this is great but most of the language packs are not really necessary. XSlimmer will allow you to select the languages that you want to keep and the others that you want to remove. In return this can reclaim more disk space. And lastly, XSlimmer can increase the Mac performance. This even allows the apps to load faster and XSlimmer will analyze the suitable version that is needed in your app.
- This apps will slim what you want, strip out the unnecessary languages and architectures. You can select the languages that you want to keep and let this app take care the rest of it. You can configure the interface depending on your preferences.
- It understands the technologies that lie beneath the Snow Leopard and Lion as well as new file compression, Universal Binaries and other code versions.
- It has dragged and drop interface where you can add the apps that you want to slim or not. This will allow you to review the apps first before slimming them.
- You can monitor your activity, know what apps need to be slimmed and if you accidentally choose the wrong apps then you can easily restore it to its original state.
- It displays other information regarding the apps that you want to slim. The app will warn in advance what will be the effect if you slim an apps.
- The XSlimmer uses downloadable blacklists where you can track down the apps that you want to change or not. The apps that are included in the blacklisted list will not be included and will be updated automatically.
- The apps will save a copy for you and delete the old backup files periodically. It will restore back the apps once it does not work properly after slimming down.
- It can save you time, space and simplify your apps and the Mac itself.
- Applications will load in no time while preserving its binary version and the OS will not have to check the version every time it is launch.
- Finally, it performs backup, configure pats and keeps everything in Mac organized.
When it comes to cleaning and maintaining Mac system, XSlimmer tool comes really so handy. You just have to try it now and enjoy the many features that this app has to offer.